Friday, May 5, 2017

April 10,2017 Missionary "Movie" Stars

What's up everybody! 

Pretty crazy week this week.
All started off on Wednesday morning when we got interviewed and filmed by a university news crew this week. It was pretty cool, they asked us about the life of a missionary and filmed us contacting some people in the street. A couple of cool miracles have already come from it. First of all every single one of the people from the film crew, well besides the director cause she is a member in the other ward here. Anyways all of them have accepted to listen to the message now. So they are all being taught by the missionaries now. Unfortunately none of them live in our area. 

The second awesome thing that happened though was with our second contact. The guy standing by the bench in my photos this week. So we talked to him for a few minutes and he was really nice. Anyways later that night we were walking back to piso and found a pair of keys on the ground. So we decided we would take them to the police station the next day after. So we show up to the station the next day and we are walking around the building to the entrance when suddenly a window opens and the guys from the video yells "Hey guys! what's up?" In English. The same guy from the park, Joann. So we talked to him for a little bit and gave him the keys. Now him and another officer that was there with him are both going to come to our English classes! Pretty awesome. 

Another thing that happened this week which was interesting is apparently the states like bombed Syria or something.  Not really sure what happened but everyone here is freaking out about it. They all hate Trump so much and they all want to tell us how much they hate him haha. Anyways yeah I have no idea what's going on or what to believe, there are just too many crazy rumors  😂

Oh speaking of crazy rumors, I'm not sure if it was the same in the states but here in Spain there was a huge rumor that the Prophet died. Some members like called all of the missionaries so we all thought so until the next morning when they called us back and said it was just a rumor. Like everybody thought so though because someone sent it to the leadership group message for the stake. 

Okay one more cool experience, Saturday morning we planned a basketball game with some members and investigators. So my comp and I get up and head to the church. We tried to call the other Elders to make sure they were still coming that morning because they had the ball. So we are on the bus heading to the church and this guys gets on walks up to me shakes my hand then walks to the back of the bus and sits down. I knew his face from somewhere but I could not remember and I felt super bad for forgetting haha so eventually I walked back and was just like " I'm so sorry we meet so many people every day, I cannot remember where I know you from." He told me he had come to English class one time like 3 months ago. I asked him how his day was going and he said it was great he had just finished a basketball game. So I invited him to come play with us and literally right then the bus got to our stop so we all got off. As we were walking to the church the other elders call is and said they were super sick so they weren't going to be able to come. So we were about to cancel it all cause we didn't have a ball when the guy from the bus, William is like "No problem I have one in my backpack!" We played a couple of games and shared a really good message with him. Next week he is coming again and bringing some friends with him! 

Well yeah that's about all I have time to write about, we are going back early today to make cookies for all of our neighbors, investigators and some members that have been helping us out this week. Anyways I love you all, thanks for all of the emails and prayers! Have a great week :)



- Elder Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment