Monday, August 28, 2017

August 28, 2017 One Year


Hello family and friends,

Well this week was pretty crazy. Well not really but I did hit my year mark so that was cool! 

Okay so for the week, first off Monday night we had a cool noche de hogar (Family Night). Yeah well it turned out pretty good. They brought like 2 friends to it so that was cool. Later on this week we were able to visit them again and Jose Manuel, the dad was just cracking jokes the whole time. I was dying laughing, my poor comp couldn't understand a thing so I explained it all to him later. He gave Elder Cobbley this super awesome real madrid tie clip though thats more than 40 years old! 

Tuesday we had our district meeting with the missionaries here in Badajoz and Cáceres. Okay so this was hilarious. During district meetings sometimes we do these things called practicas where someone pretends to be an investigator and the other two people teach them while everyone else watches. So my comp and I got selected and we were going to teach elder Stephenson. He is like super humorous person like always joking around. So during the practica it just went super crazy and in the end we asked where he got his utah state tie and turns out he was already a mormon. By this point everyone in the room was laughing so hard they were crying. It was pretty funny im sorry y'all were not able to be there to enjoy it. 

Wednesday I hit my year mark. It was pretty cool because somehow without even realizing I ended up finishing reading the book of mormon again that morning! So that was kind of a cool little thing haha. To celebrate president silva had us over for lunch and we burned a shirt on his roof. For those of you who don't understand this part its just a little tradition missionaries do when they hit their year mark. It was pretty neat cause president told us about when he was on his mission when they burned his shirt. They did it inside their piso 😂😂 

Anyways it feels crazy that I have been here for an entire year, sometimes it feels fast sometimes it feels slow. Looking back it has been good. It has been really hard and I have just wanted to give up a lot of times but I have learned from every one of those hard experiences. I have developed attributes that will help me through the course of the rest of my life and I am thankful for that. 
I love you all and I wish you the best of weeks :) 



- Elder Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment