Wednesday, August 2, 2017

July 24, 2017 Gladis

Good day family and friends,

Well I got some exciting news. This week we were on intercambios doing our personal study Saturday morning when President called. Its always scary when he calls haha. Anyways he presented me with the news that I will be training! Elder Balukoff will be going to Cartagena near where I started and will be a DL now. So he's pretty nervous about that. I'm super excited but also pretty nervous haha. I'm currently on a bus to Sevilla where I will stay the night then tomorrow morning I will catch a train to Malaga. Tomorrow will be a pretty full day. We will have trainers training which will start at noon. Then we will finally be assigned to our trainees at 5:00 where we will have a little meet and greet type dinner in the capilla. Then Wednesday we will make the long trip back to Badajoz. I'm excited and just want to know who my comp is already but I'm also pretty nervous to be training. I'm sure it'll be a great learning experience for the both of us though! 

As for the rest of this week it was pretty good. During the intercambios we had one really awesome lesson. Friday night I went out with Elder Moore and one of the young men in our ward Gabriel who just turned 18. We taught a woman from Ecuador named Gladis. She was pretty down because she just lost her job about a month or so ago and is really struggling trying to support herself and two kids. We taught a really powerful little message to her about how God gives us trials so that we can grow. I testified to her about the power of prayer and the comfort and guidance it brings. It was really awesome to see her smile at the end and thank us. Gabriel the young man I mentioned just was called as the new branch mission leader. He's an awesome kid, we are trying to get him out working with us more because he is preparing to go in a mission. Elder Balukoff and I are hoping he gets called to Boise haha :) 

Anyways yeah that's the big news this week. Hope y'all enjoyed it. 
Have a good one! 


- Elder Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment