Sunday, July 8, 2018

May 28, 2018 - Dogs and Los Americanos

Well its been a pretty basic week.. nothing too exciting happened. 
We contacted a whole lot. Found 4 future investors.. hopefully some of them will turn out. The people here are more closed off which is surprising cause its a big city. 
Anyways we have two investigators to work with right now so that’s pretty good. Unfortunately neither of them were able to come yesterday. 

The area I’m in here is pretty interesting too. It’s two more wealthy areas that surround this place that’s literally a slum. Whenever we go to the other side we have to go all the way around because we aren’t allowed to get near it. Its a pretty crazy place haha

This week we were visiting some members and I had an rough experience haha. So they have this dog that was abandoned. They found it in the street about 2 years ago. So it is still super nervous and scared around people. I was trying to get it to trust me the whole time and I finally got it to calm down and was holding him on my lap. I had him there for like 10 minutes but when we were about to share our message I went to set him down. I started lifting him up when suddenly he freaked out and peed all over me! It was nasty haha instantly it smelled super bad. Yeah so anyways that was awkward just sitting there teaching covered in dog urine. Sorry it was kind of one of those you had to be there moments but I thought y’all might enjoy knowing about it.  :)

Oh yeah yesterday when we got home at the end of the day a bunch of little kids who live in our compound came chasing after us up the stairs. Yelling ¡LOS AMERICANOS! They wanted to come inside our piso but we told them they couldn’t. I remembered I had some tootsie rolls in my bag so I ran up and grabbed some for them. Anyways it was funny because we talked in our doorway for a while to a bunch of 8-10 year olds sitting in a semicircle crisscross applesauce style haha. We ended up teaching them the plan of salvation and gave them all pamphlets. Super funny time.

Well sorry this is kinda a lame letter haha not much to write about this week... 

Love y’all!

- Élder Alex M. Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment