Sunday, July 8, 2018

June 11, 2018 - Trio

The week started out really good. After going to the cathedral last Monday Elder Whittington and I spent the rest of the week contacting in our area. We got a few futures which was really cool. On Tuesday we had a really good district meeting also. One of the focuses this transfer is learning the language better so for district meeting the natives had to only speak english and the rest of us Americans obviously spanish. We learned that the Madrid mission does all of their meetings in english... that will be a weird change. 

Tuesday night we started exchanges. I went with Elder Mckimmey first and we basically were contacting for most of the afternoon. We met some very interesting people in the sketchier part of my area. One guy we contacted acted super nice until he started tearing the pass along card we had given him in tiny pieces and threw it at us. It was fun though. Then we were able to have one lesson with a recent convert in our area. We taught him the plan of salvation. Except we used the puzzle and tried to have him teach us. It was pretty cool. On Wednesday morning Elder Rigby and I went out together. We taught a less active guy who used to be on the high council. We read Ether 12 with him and learned lots from one another. When we were walking back we got a call from Elder Whittington. He just said that he had big news but that he’d tell us when we got back. President had called to tell him he was getting emergency transferred. Elder Coleman who was my comp in Benidorm messed up his ankle really bad playing soccer. He was in a small pueblo called San Lúcar. They are the only two missionaries there so instead of being able to put his companion with another set of elders they had to take Elder Whittington from here to replace him. Now I am in a trio with the other two elders here in Sevilla. It was super sad cause Elder Whittington and I were having such a good time working together.. We literally only had a couple of hours for him to pack up and say some goodbyes because his train left early the next morning. 

Now I’m here in Sevilla still with Elder Rigby and McKimmey until transfers in a few weeks. President told me on transfers since the mission will change they will close their area, McKimmey will leave and Elder Rigby and I will be together for my last transfer.  Until then its a really complicated situation because we have to try to cover both of our areas. Which happen to be on opposite sides of the city. It takes a little over an hour to get from my area to theirs on bus. So for example we had a lesson scheduled on Saturday in their area at 4. We left at 2:45 got to the park where we were going to meet at 4. The person never showed up. Then we had to bus an hour back. So we basically lost two and a half hours of our day. These next few weeks are going to be complicated.. 

Anyways I’m alive and well. Its a little weird having two companions. Difficult to keep the piso organized. Elder Whittington and I had the place super organized and clean then basically within 2 days it got wrecked. Kind of driving me crazy haha but I’m just using my time at night to try to keep up on all the little messes made.. Must be one of the last little tests of my mission haha. It’ll prepare me to have messy kids I guess haha. 

Well love you guys. Sorry I didn’t get a letter out last week. Hope everyone is doing well :)

- Élder Alex M. Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment