Sunday, July 8, 2018

July 2, 2018 - Algeciras

Hey guys! Well this is probably going to be my last long weekly email because I want to enjoy the last couple of p days I have left and not have to worry about writing so much. Also our church is an hour away so it's not likely that we go all the way there to write on mondays.

Anyways the week was good. Y'all aren't going to believe this but I sang a duet for a special musical number in our zone meeting haha. I still don't know how they convinced me to do that...

Transfers were also cool. I just had a 3 hour bus ride down from Sevilla. It was cool cause it passed through some old pueblos that were part of my area in Cadiz. Also passed by a really cool little town called Tarifa. It's the farthest south tip of Spain and is famous for kiteboarding. Super sick, there were hundreds or kites out there! I sat next to a lady who spoke Arabic and taught her a bit using Google translate haha 

The new area is good. I really haven't gotten to see a whole lot of it yet. What I have seen though is beautiful. We have an amazing chapel that just opened 2 weeks ago. It is small but super super nice. Like nicest church I've ever seen. All the doorframes are stainless steel and the whole building is just super modern and tech decked. It's weird though because the branch is tiny. There were only 14 people in attendance this Sunday. Four priesthood holders. Two of them make up the branch presidency. It's one or those branches were the missionaries do basically everything haha. We bless, pass and teach. Really different from my last area with a ward with over 100.

The only down side here is the piso. It was pretty wrecked from the trio that was here before. Also my shower had tons of black mold. Super gross.. I dumped bleach all over it and let it sit for the day and it's all disappeared now. Also we don't have AC which makes it really difficult to sleep. I just lay there awake sweating all night. I guess that's what I get for complaining about the heat in Sevilla hahaha.

We also found a really cool service opportunity. We went and helped out at a soup kitchen. It was way fun and cool. We became good friends with the people there and now we're going to go work there every Wednesday morning!

Another weird thing was we switched missions this week. We are now officially apart of the Madrid Mission. It's really weird because our two missions have had two completely different cultures and you could tell right away. We were added into the Madrid group message and they all started sending GIFs and all sorts of other weird pictures and stuff which is totally not acceptable for our mission. We weren't even allowed to have the phone numbers of missionaries who are outside of our zone before and they have a mission wide group message they just chat on haha.. Also it's weird because they speak in tú and vosotros instead of usted and ustedes. That's the weirdest thing to get used to.

Anyways we are currently on the bus to Sevilla to meet the new mission president. Pretty excited. His name is President Bussey, from Seattle. Sounds like a cool guy.

Well yeah that's it. Love y'all hope you're having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment