Tuesday, July 4, 2017

May 22, 2017 Godwin from Nigeria

It was a good week, not a whole lot of excitement or anything but it was good. It is starting to get really really hot here already the other day it reached 94 degrees. Crazy it's only May!

We got a new investigator this week and he is super cool. The missionary who I replaced here met him on his bus out of town. His name is Godwin and he is from Nigeria. We had our first lesson with him yesterday and it was really awesome. It was really weird teaching him in English I was like translating the entire time in my mind from Spanish back into English. He is married to a Spaniard woman and they have to little children. His wife doesn't believe in god and didn't want to listen but they were all really nice. I cant wait to go back and talk more with them this week!

Other than that we have been passing by all of the members houses here. We only have like 8 more left on our list so we have been all over the place. Walked a ton this week always hunting for shade haha the heat is killer. 

Funny thing this week, I tried to teach my comp to cut his own hair... it was so funny we are so bummed we didn't get any pictures before I fixed it up haha all over the top it was just all different lengths, we had a good laugh about it. Its a good skill to learn though, I'm glad Elder Llavina taught me. 

We also ate at Augustines house again this week. This time it was a seafood soup. It was very interesting to say the least. It was crawling with all sorts of weird seafood I have never seen before.. on top of that it was like just below boiling point temperature. I guess at least that probably killed off all of the bacteria. It basically just tasted like scalding hot ocean water though it was so salty. Haha I'm trying new things... 😆

Our branch president here is a total homie. Today he took us to a sweet castle out in Burguillos del Cerro, about an hour from Badajoz. It was pretty cool, Spain has so much history it's crazy. Lots of castles everywhere from lots of different civilizations. 

Yeah well that's about it. Love y'all! 



- Elder Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment