Monday, February 20, 2017

February 20, 2017 The return of Elder Llavina

Well this week started out pretty great.. on Tuesday we had our district meeting, before it started though we decided to go to the care center for old people that is right across the street. It was super cool we sang some songs then went around and talked to them. They all kept telling us we were angels haha they were so cute. After seeing how miserable that place looked though I decided I want to die before I get that old 😂 
Anyways though it was a cool experience and we could tell they really appreciated someone coming to visit them. There was also this really old dude that dressed up as Cupid and was hilarious. I don't have a lot of pictures from it because after we took a few we found out we weren't allowed to.. 

As for the rest of the week, the highlight was Friday. Pricilla was baptized! And Elder Llavina, well now it's Samuel, came and baptized her! It was really awesome. Anyways so that was really cool but then after that pretty much everything went downhill. Well it really started like Thursday afternoon me throat started bugging me a little bit. By the end of the day it hurt pretty bad. Then the next morning when I woke up I felt pretty sick but it was the baptism and we had to get to the church early to fill up the font cause it takes 3 hours and the baptism was at 10. So I just took some ibuprofen and went. But after the baptism and lunch I felt terrible. Anyways these past few days I've just been miserably sick, I don't even know what it is i have like a sore throat but also my whole body is just super super achey and tight. So we've basically been in piso for the past few days just studying a lot and sleeping. 

I did have a really cool experience from it though. The other night I was getting into bed early and saying my nighttime prayer. When I finished I started getting into bed when I got the prompting to ask for a blessing. I though about it and decided I would just ask my comp and the other missionaries to give it to me in the morning cause I had already climbed into bed. Then in that exact moment our doorbell rang. We opened it and no one was there but there was kebab in a bag on the ground. My como went to pick it up and the other elders jumped out from around the corner haha. Anyways they were able to all give me a blessing and I was finally able to sleep some that night. I told them how I had just been prompted to ask for a blessing and they told me they had the feeling they had needed to stop by to see how I was. I'm thankful to have a Heavenly Father who listens to my prayers and answers them. 
I love you guys, you're all in my prayers! Have a great week! 


-Elder Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment