Monday, February 20, 2017

Feb 13, 2017 Comps - Out with the old, in with the new

Well hello everyone once again,
This week was interesting to say the least. Elder Beckstrom left early Wednesday morning so a Monday night and a Tuesday were just full of goodbyes and packing up his stuff. It was weird he only went one transfer here. We were both sad he had to go so soon. I'm sure the Lord has reason in it though. Anyways so Beckstrom left early in the morning and my new comp Elder Yates came all the way from malaga. So I spent the day with Elder Gomez the native from the other companionship here in Elche. We mostly just deep cleaned our pisos all day till my comp came into town. 
When Elder Yates arrived we got right to work. He's from California so I was a little worried... 😉 haha no he's a beast though, we literally have street contacted over 100 people each day since he got here and averaged 13 miles walking. I've never been so exhausted in my life. Its good though, kind of satisfying to know you really have put in all your effort at the end of the day. I've also learned that if you want to have an interesting mission you have to talk to people on the street. Boy we have meet some interesting people. The two funniest this week were first, we contacted this bigger guy and gave him a picture of Jesus. He proceeded to start taking off his shirt to show us his tat of Jesus that apparently was "Perfectísimo." The second weird one was some random girls in their 20's tried to offer us money to kiss them haha don't worry we didn't take up the offer!
Anyways yeah this week has pretty much killed me. Today for P-day Joseph took is to this really cool old dam thing. It was really pretty and we had a little picnic up there. 
Oh yeah and coolest of all this Friday Precilla is getting baptized! My comp Elder Llavina is flying back to do the baptism so I'll get to see him in a few days I'm super excited!! 
Anyways I hope you're all having a good weekend! Keeping you in my prayers as always!

-Elder Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment