Friday, September 23, 2016

Adios English

I don’t have much time to email today because our temple session started late. This past Sunday we decided no more english haha, it has been soooo rough…easily the hardest thing I’ve ever done. For every English word you say in my district you have to conjugate a verb in
all the tenses on the whiteboard. So far I’ve only had to do that once. But it has definitely been the loneliest week of my life not being able to talk to anyone in english.

I've been mostly eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches but we have finally had a few good meals this week so thats great.

About my comp, Elder Knapp. He is from Kansas and his dad was their stake president and is in charge of most of the seminaries around the nation. He doesn't really talk very much because he is really shy. But I figured out that he really likes tea, so this week I started this thing where every night before bed we go up and make tea, study, talk, and write in our journals. It’s good because he finally has opened up a little. He didn't ever have any Mormon friends at his high school and never had a cell phone!  It’s crazy! But he is really cool and easygoing also amazing at Spanish and a great teacher!  

I tried to look at the blog but the website is blocked. Today for p-day we went to the Spanish naval museum it was actually sooo cool. There was tons of really old stuff.  I took a lot of pictures. They even had Christopher Columbus’  journal and amazing huge models of ships. The
swords were my favorite part… its amazing how much work and detail they were able to put into them with the technology back then!  

 Oh yeah, this week we were playing soccer and I kicked the ball really hard. It went flying out of the court and nailed a car. The driver slammed on his brakes jumped out and yelled ¿qué paso? It was hilarious. He didn’t really get mad though. He drove off before I even got to the road to
get the ball. (btw quo paso means what happened!) I also broke my thumb toe this week playing soccer. I went to kick the ball and me and one of the sisters, Sister Hazard who is amazing at soccer, kicked each others feet. It hurt so bad! My toe swelled up really big and now makes popping noises when I walk. Hopefully it will heal up soon!

I had an Italian comp in the park this week but we didn't have much success. People are really rude here to missionaries, before we even start talking they just look away and wave the
famous Spanish finger at us… but it’s alright. We met one Spanish girl who was an exchange student last year in Utah and gave her a Book of Mormon. Anyways sorry this letter is all over the place. I'm trying to type really fast and gather my thoughts. I love you all can’t wait to

hear from you next week!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment