Saturday, September 10, 2016

HP bringing friends together!

First, I want to apologize, there is no way I will have time to read and respond to all the emails this week because it seriously takes forever to type on this iPad and we only have an hour. Thank you all for your emails it made me so happy to open my account and see all of them! I love you guys!!  

So super crazy story, last P-day right after I emailed we went on our P-day excursion to downtown Madrid where there are tons of shops and a giant mall. We were looking in a technology store trying to find a Bluetooth keyboard for my comp when out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something weird so I turned around and looked closer and guess what?? Connor and Ella Van Alfen right there in that store in the heart of Madrid. On a box!! Yep I was freaking out. No one would believe me until I showed them the pictures (which I attached in the email).  Yeah, I could not believe it! So of course I had to get a picture with it. So we got a bunch of weird looks as I posed with a printer box in the middle of the mall, haha, it was great. 

Still just doing the same stuff here: basically sleep, breakfast, classes, lunch, classes, exercise, dinner, class, role play lesson,  repeat.  I can't wait to get out in the field.

It's been crazy this week because we play sports at 4 pm which is pretty much the hottest part of the day and it has been like 103-105 all week! 

Today for P-day we rented a turf field and played soccer for two hours. It was really fun and hot. The people here are so good at soccer it's nuts. One of the other missionaries here from Brazil is actually a professional and played with Neymar before coming on the mish!

Okay so here's a cool story this week when we went to the park. I was paired up with Elder Fowler and it was so awesome. At first we were really nervous to talk to people because we aren't that great at Spanish yet. But after talking to a few people along the path we saw a girl sitting on a bench getting ready to read a book, so we decided to hurry over and try to talk to her before she started. We walked up and introduced ourselves as missionaries in Spanish and she gave us a funky look and said, "Sorry I don't speak Spanish." My comp excitingly said,  "us either!!!" Haha, it was super funny!  She invited us to sit with her and we shared our message about the Book of Mormon. She told us she had seen the play, and right as she said it Elder Fowler remembered a saying his brother had used on his mission when the play first came out. He said, "Well I've heard that the book is always better than the play" and handed her the book. It was so perfect. We talked with her and she decided she wanted to have lessons from the missionaries in London when she returned home later that week. So she wrote down her information for us to give to them. About an hour later we passed by the area where she was sitting and saw that she was still reading the Book of Mormon! It was so awesome to finally have someone be truly interested in our message. 


Anyways I love you all I look forward to writing you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment