Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Oct 30 - Mormons and Maserati’s


Well its been a pretty solid week.
Highlight, well we found a new investigator who is really awesome he is the son of a less active lady in the ward. This week we were able to teach him twice and he came to a family night with us which was fun. His name is Jose Antonio but he goes by Nono. 19 years old and a really good kid. He and his mom both came to church yesterday which was amazing! Oh yeah so church was super interesting. First of all a guy came to drop his wife off at the church. So we are standing in the enternece welcoming people when we smell smoke strongly haha. The guy was standing right in the doorway where everyone enters just smokin a cigar. So the bishop made us go out there and tell him he couldn’t.. it was awkward haha. Then second hour we show up to the gospel principles class and the teacher never shows up so we have 2 investigators in there and a couple of less active members who came and no teacher. So we start flipping through the manual trying to find a good lesson to teach when a member of the bishopric came in and saved the day. His name is Andres, from Chile. He taught an amazing class just on the fly it was awesome. 

Anyways what else.. well Saturday morning we played soccer with the ward. It was way fun and for some reason I was just on my game that day. Somehow I ended up scoring 4 out of the 6 goals hahaha. So now everyone thinks im really good when it was mostly just a lucky day lol. It was fun though and they said now we will get invited back since we set a good first impression hah. Afterwards Juan invited us to breakfast and took us in his Maserati. Man that thing is powerful. It has a 450 horsepower Ferrari engine in it so he literally just taps on the gas pedal and it feels like you are lifting off. Reminded me of flying, it was fun. This guy Juan has basically the entire Book of Mormon memorized like you can open the book read any scripture and he can tell you what chapter its in. So I’ve started to do it myself. So far I have 1st and 2nd Nephi memorized so I know what happens in each chapter. I’m doing it with image mapping in my mind. Its pretty fun my companion quizzes me every night. Its already proved to be really useful so far. We get talking on a subject in the street with someone and I can just open right up to a scripture that explains it pretty cool. 

Yeah so thats basically it. The week was good. We visited and taught tons of members so I have gotten to know them all pretty well and we have some good references coming in. 

This week is going to be absolutely insane. First off tomorrow morning we leave here early at 5:30 to catch a train to Sevilla for a zone meeting with a member of the 70, Elder Bennasar. Then after that we get back and are here for Wednesday which will be our weekly planning for all the morning. Thursday we will travel again to a mission council meeting in Jerez, immediately followed by a trip to Málaga to go pick up my new ID card for residency. Which will be crazy because I have to take a train to Sevilla where I will stay the night then catch another early morning 6:00train down to Málaga. Then that afternoon back up to Sevilla then back down here to Cádiz. That’ll be a long day. So basically I will only be here for Wednesday afternoon and Saturday. Then my comp will be in San Fernando while I’m traveling all over the place.
 So yeah next week you can expect to hear some crazy traveling story, cause something always happens :) It’ll be fun though. 
Hope you all enjoy the photos and have a good week! 
Love ya! 

- Élder Alex M. Childers 

No comments:

Post a Comment